The Sakhnin Academic College Simulation Center, one of the leading centers in the country, works in synergy and coordination with the Center for Professional Development units, especially with the continuing education and entry-into-teaching units. The center provides a supportive and comfortable environment that allows participants to practice conflict situations and complex problems from the professional world of educators through a structured meeting with professional actors trained for this purpose. The center’s activity focuses on:
- Providing optimal training to students and teachers at the various stages of development in their professional path.
- Improving and nurturing the professional abilities of the education system personnel, including the teaching and management teams and the supervisory and training roles.
- Institutionalizing an organizational culture (styles, mechanisms, and working methods) based on respect, dialogue, cooperative work, and open communication.
- Promotion of current learning-teaching-assessment methods in advanced digital learning environments suitable for the modern era.
Simulation Learning Objectives
Through learning in an exciting educational environment that involves the participants in dilemmas and challenges them to look for ways to solve problems, the participants benefit from the following:
- Consolidation of professional identity and increasing the sense of self-sufficiency and mental resilience.
- Developing discourse, dialogue, and interpersonal communication skills to deal with challenges and manage problems and conflicts.
- Optimal training in current content fields, including advanced technological educational environments
- Developing skills in a variety of current teaching and learning methods
- Developing intervention plans with schools and assisting in the preparation of study, training, and evaluation materials
- Developing the skills and abilities to maintain successes and learn from failures among teachers, educators, and members of management in the education system
The contents/activities are developed in coordination with the participants to respond to their specific needs adequately. The simulations deal with a wide variety of educational issues on the axis of teaching-learning-evaluation as well as administrative and organizational matters:
- Managing educational dialogues
- Developing methods and ways of interpersonal communication
- Providing coping methods and conflict management methods
- Application and assimilation of a variety of teaching-learning methods
- Promoting teamwork and cooperation between educators
- Training teams for meaningful work around designated goals
- Shaping attitudes and behavior patterns
- Managing conversations and receiving feedback
- Instructing parents and fostering their place in managing emotions and creating an optimal classroom climate
- Empowering students and their role as active partners in reducing violence in the school
Communication Skills Basket